Discuss How would you guys/gals react to this? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I am helping a mate of mine on a floor atm. In places the bed is quite deep, in these areas we are using Norcross thick bed pour able.

My gripe with some of these adhesives is when you have to bed up the tiles can slump, as this stuff can have the viscosity of oil even when mixed stiff.

Anyway I had laid a section of field tiles in a passage way, and fixed the border tile, as I progressed I noticed some borders were slumping.

I re fixed these borders, and thought I had sorted it. But obviously I had not.

The guy I am helping used to be my apprentice, now he has an apprentice, a spotty faced oik who has been tiling for 9 months, he attends a college one day a week, he took great delight in pointing out to me that some of the borders had slumped again, "no probs" I said I will bed them up again.

The next thing he is at the side of me running his fingers over a tile I am just fixing next to an expansion joint, my blood began to boil and I wanted to say to him "if you ever touch my work again, I will cut your fingers off" but I didn't, I just said "don't worry about that, I havn't finished yet.

Some of these smart assed kids can wind us up, or is it just me being a grumpy old git. Rant over, but how would you guys react.:mad2:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I admire your patience with him Phil. He showed a clear lack of respect for your knowledge and ability. You knew that they had slumped.... You also knew why and how to deal with it... Did he?? I have to say my response would have been considerably sharper and would possibly have involve a wrap over his knuckles with the trowel...

- - - Updated - - -

Then again.... My mrs says I'm in a bad mood today ....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How would you guys/gals react to this? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB