Discuss How's this for customer service.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

After persuading a customer against ordering her tiles from another supplier because of delivery doubts I put an order in with Topps about 3 or 4 weeks ago for 80m2 Zamora 60x30 and 22m2 Zamora 30x30. Made it quite clear, although unnecessary in my mind, that I needed the 60x30 tiles all in one shade and calibration as it was for one area. They had said if I ordered it I could have it within a week.....

Anyway, I got one pallet of the 60x30 last week and the remaining tiles, including the 30x30 today :mad2: - to be fair the lateness was due to the haulage contractor and not Topps.

Went in today to start fixing the 30x30 today only to find that it was in two shades, which left me unable to complete the relevant areas:mad2: spoke to the lad there who accepted responsibility and began seeking replacement tiles.

Just before I left I thought to myself - I'll check the 60x30 just to make sure they are all one shade - no such blinking luck....:incazzato: I have 40m2 of one shade and 40m2 of another. I rang Topps straight back, bearing in mind this floor has to be complete by the end of next week:thumbsdown:

After a lot of head scratching and internal blame seeking they have left me with - 'we have the quantity of the correct shade that you need, but it is for a customer who is collecting in the new year, so we have left it with our head office to find you some' and ' if you can find a haulier to return the incorrect shaded tiles you have back to us tomorrow, we will send you the ones we have' - bearing in mind I am an hour and half ferry crossing and then a 2 and half hour drive away from this branch of Topps and it's New Years Eve tomorrow I don't fancy my chances. To be tfair to the only lad that had the bottle to actually speak to me, he said I was in the right and he would have got the tiles out to me today and sort the wrong ones out later, but he had been 'outranked' by a duty manager who wouldn't even ring me!!

What a total P*ss take - I've just started using this shop and i'm sure they've got bigger fish to fry, but they've had in excess of 200m2 of business from me since October and you would expect better:thumbsdown:

I've said I would cancel the order and get my dosh back if they couldn't sort it, but it didn't seem to move them at all - only gave them a way out - also I would be cutting my nose off if I did that and would cause severe embarrassment with my customer....

Last edited:
Its not necessarily the expense of returning them mate, as they have accepted fault (not that there was any dispute) - It's the fact the I have to have this floor finished next week and they are nit showing any urgency AT ALL from store management level.

I told the lad that I feel like as they've had the order and the money they couldn't give two hoots about my predicament - incredibly short sighted in my opinion:thumbsdown:

Reply to How's this for customer service.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently carried out work on tiling a fireplace for customer. I took my time and got the...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How's this for customer service....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.