Currently reading:
husqvarna 670

Discuss husqvarna 670 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fekin

hi all.has anyone got any info on the husqvarna 670 cheers! NIGE

Depends on what info you are wanting.

Max cutting depth15 mmMax cutting length 670 mm

[yt]9GCOS2eIH7g[/yt]​

[yt]PfQ0YVNdq-A[/yt]​

[yt]AicYqknKdJI[/yt]​

[yt]Fa-6032uGRc[/yt]

[yt]ZnLS3HxcYEM[/yt]​

I also did a review of mine when I got it, so I'll quote it below.​

After quite a few people had asked me how my new Husqvarna cutter is like to use, I thought I'd do a sort of, my little review of it.
Now I've never used anyother cutter other than my trusty £40 Plasplug, so this isn't a comparrison against a Rubi or anything else.​

Start from the top I guess.​

Bright orange sturdy carrying case, good balance of weight once loaded with the cutter.
Inside the case theres 6 slots for cutting wheels, and obviously small compartments for the support arm and measure bar, and the cutter comes with a 6mm and 10mm cutting wheels, both standard silver wheels.​

The Husqvarna TC 670 has a single arm, for scoring and breaking with the cutting wheel very fast and easy to fit by unscrewing the handle a turn or 2, slotting in the cutting wheel to the depth you require and re-tighten up the handle and has very strong grip of the wheel.​

To break the tile once you have scored it you just bring the wheel back a third way down the tile, lift the arm a few inches and pull back a plunger on the handle to lower the breaking arms onto the tile, then press firmly down again to snap it, then release the plunger and the breaker moves back up out of the way.
Over all, a nice easy no fuss way of scoring and breaking.​

On the menu today was black polished 6mm porcelain, which the cutting wheel had no problems with what so ever.
All it needs is a good firm stroke across the tile, bring back a third and breaker down and a firm but not hard press of the handle to snap it.​

The porcelain tiles are 400 x 400's, and with the side support arm on cutting just an inch of the side of the tile isn't too bad, conversion rate was about 80% of the time, and when it didn't break away the full length of the tile, it only left a small triangle of unbroke off tile, which was dispatched quickly with the wet cutter.​

Only problem I had was that for the first few tiles, the paint on the bottom of the breaking arm that touched the tile surface was leaving slight marks as the paint started to come off, but after a while this stopped happening.​

Line of sight for your marker is also good, though today on this first ever use of the cutter I was in a very dimly lit garage and tended to use the actual wheel on the mark before scoring to be 100% sure.​

So, for it's first test run, I think the Husqvarna did very well on porcelain, though it was only 6mm tiles, but I wasn't having to press that hard as I was scoring.​

All in all, for £120 I think it's a great "not breaking the bank" over 600mm cutter.​

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tilinga2z

Took delivery of mine last week, just done a bathroom this week so used it accordingly. Well firstly it is similar to the Rubi in terms of looks and wheel placement and so on. There the similarity ends, the Husky is much more robust and has a much thinner bed than the Rubi equivalent. The breaking mechanism is on the scoring handle which apart from the obvious one handle score and break feature there is another great asset to this, that being that although a long bed you can cut and snap tiles anywhere along the bed even at the very bottom which can make the Husky feel like a TS30, so I do believe the 670 is close to being the only cutter you need. Also it has a central spine which makes lining up your cut marks so easy. Usually I am nipping away at tiles taking off the odd mm here and there, but in the whole bathroom I have done this week I nipped half a dozen tiles saving me a lot of time. As for different tile types I willl post on my findings but I am one of those people who can be critical about imperfections (i think tilers are), I am pleasently surprised thus far.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to husqvarna 670 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows what the thin web-like coating on Harmony Nador tiles is made of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I’m selling my Sigma 3B4M if anyone is interested. Only used for 2 small bathroom jobs...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Looking for some old b&q tiles
Hi! Has anyone got any of these stone effect tiles approx 278x362mm that b&q sold about seven...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Has anyone had any experience with this product and what was you opinion on it? I’m...
Replies
Views

UK Tiling Forum Trending

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.