Discuss Hyperthetically speaking in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich83

How do

I've basically given up on tiling did college diploma a while back and offered myself to local firms ,for £100 per week for a couple of months,but no one interested. So here is my new suggestion, the lovely government have a work trial scheme where you can work 30 days( 6 weeks) and keep you're unemployment benefit,they also pay travel and lunch costs.there is no cost to employer.the catch is it has to be a job that is being advertised and the job has to be specified as lasting 13 weeks.the employer isn't obliged to keep you on after the 30 days.so essentially I could find a tiler who puts up an add for tiling labourer,3 month term.i then apply and bobs you're uncle,etc. they state the paperwork is minimal,and easy process.
My thinking is give it 6 weeks , could impress and be kept on and trained up to decent level,which I wouldn't require much pay.or if not kept on I've given it a crack, and gotten bit of experience.

im rambling a bit know,so basically what I'm saying is would you as an established pro take on someone in this way,and would you likely all going we'll keep someone on .

after the 6 weeks If I was given a shot I would Have around 4k for combo type van and tools.
cheers for reading my hypothetical bible

R

rich83

Sounds good for all, you'd hopefully get a job, the firm get to try you out without obligation and the gov get someone off the benefit scheme. But where are you get the £4k figure from??
Basicly 4k would be around 2 for van and rest for tools..,as and when needed,I know you don't need all this,but if I had a pretty well equipped little van I wouldnt have to hassle a tiler for a lend of his gear all the time. Basicly the funds are there as and when needed. Thanks for you're reply.

R

rich83

dam sounds like something i need to do whats the scheme called mate?

Maybe called a work trial. Basicly if you see a job that states its going to last 3 months at least,then you can say to employer ,try me I'll do it for nothing for 6 weeks,this would obviously give you the edge.however if there not an actual job,then be a bit crafty and get a tiler place a add up,and create a fake job,he tries you out,technically its dishonest,but who's losing out

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hyperthetically speaking in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all Basically i'm just after some advice. I'm a 24 year old who's worked in the same office...
Replies
Views
S
Tiling Courses – Learn To Tile 2 Day Tiling Course An introduction to ceramic tiling and...
Replies
Views
Hi This is my 1st post in the forum. I have been a tiler for 13 years. I have started my own...
Replies
Views
T
Hi guys. Bit of a strange one this. Had a query from someone who has had tilers fitted by a...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB