Discuss I am looking an experienced tiler to work with Epoxy grout and quartz in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gregcrammond

Hi there
I am looking for an experienced tiler who has had lots of experience with Epoxy grout and Quarts tiles.

I have a kitchen and bathroom that ned to be grouted.

I have laid the tiles myself but have no experience with Epoxy grout and have heard you have to really know what you are doing .

The tiles are Black starlight quartz and the area is about 5 meters squared in kitchen and about 4 meters squared in bathroom.

I am looking at using a black epoxy grout.

Based in London.

Thanks
greg

G

gregcrammond

Re: I am looking an experienced tiler to work with Epoxy grout and qua

Hi
Ok i realise this is probabaly not something that is very apealing as obiously difficult to do but what i forgot to mention is that i am willing to pay VERY good money to get this done . The money i am offering is no laughing matter .

Also just to clarify , i have tiled the kitchen already , you would need to tile the bathroom floor and then grout both the kitchen floor and bathroom floor.
Cheers

I

Ian

Modern epoxy is as easy to work with as cementious, IMO. I wouldn't touch this job because I don't do re-grouts and I don't finish other peoples work. I can't put my name to any job that I didn't do 100%.

Absolutely Daz, I'm just keen to know why epoxy is required in a domestic, low traffic area. IMO a quality cement based grout with an added protector would be ample.

G

gregcrammond

Hi
Thanks for the replies , i am using black quartz tiles and i want to have a black finish and have been told that if i use black grout it will fade in colour. I was told epoxy would be better because it won't fade like black grout.
Any help or advice would be appreciated , if i seal the black grout should it last a while ?
Its just i have spent £2500 on tiles and really want it to look good.
Thanks

G

gregcrammond

Hi daz
Thanks for that recommendation, That sounds great and i would like to do that but maybe with black and glitter in it. I am just not confident to use Kerapoxy myself. Please excuse my ignorance i am not a tradesaman , just a house owner but is there a difference in Kerapoxy to normal epoxy ?
Is it difficult to use and must you have had lots of expedience like normal epoxy.

Last of all do you have or know any tilers that may be able to do this Grouting in my kitchen and bathroom for me ? I need one small bathroom tiled and then that bathroom and my kitchen done in kerapoxy .

Thanks
Greg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I am looking an experienced tiler to work with Epoxy grout and quartz in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB