UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss I didn't see it coming! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

Just rolling home from a good job today..happy..paid..looking forward to dinner etc....had to take a cut across chelmsford as the a12 was closed.
Doing about 35 mph when a young lad in a little car LITERALLY pulls out from road on the left...couldn't avoid him at all ...WALLOP.
I must admit I slung a few choice words at him..but when I saw how young he was I calmed down a bit..he just kept saying "I wasn't looking"
..anyway his mum turns up and is very nice (as you would be)..I've got blood pouring out my nose (hit myself in the face when I hit his car!) and she then gives the lad the almightiest rollocking you've ever heard!
Turns out he's been driving 1 week!!:yikes: his mums car was a definate write off ..drivers door /front wing/pillar all shot to bits...my poor old van is looking pretty sorry for itself..but drivable (got me home anyway)..the mum was telling me she just paid £1800 to get him insured...hence can we do it outside the insurance..luckily someone behind stopped and said she saw it all, so got her number..so I'm off tomorrow to get an estimate..then we'll see if I have to get onto the insurers or not. I did say to the lad he was lucky..on a faster road that would easily be one or both of us stone dead..
I's funny but you always think you'll be prepared..but that has really shaken me up..it's an awful feeling when you just can't avoid someone...and the day was going so well..:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:..on the bright side all the tools are in the front end of the van now..giving me room to load tiles tomorrow morning..if it works!:lol:

J

jamie B

I know what you're saying..I'll get the van seen tomorrow and give her the cost..if she doesn't pay up front then I'll get onto the insurance people. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt as I've asked someone to do that in the past. I try not to be too cynical..but agree you've gotta watch your *** in this life. maybe you're right and I'm being too soft.to be honest I feel a bit shaken up!
You just don't expect people to do something illogical whilst driving like pull out in front of moving traffic..thank god I was going easy..just went out to the van and looked at the damage..it'll be a few quid..plus the steerings pulling to the left so I reckon the rack may have taken a bashing..it just all happens so fast you can't take it all in. Obviously I'll have to have it sorted by tomorrow as I can't leave it too long to report the accident. The mum just phoned to see if I got back ok and to say if I need to hire a van in the morning to call and she'll pay for it over the phone..so I'll take that as a good sign.
My bloody nose hurts I know that much!..and to top it all..bloody leftovers for dinner ha ha ha!:thumbsdown:

J

jamie B

Plus Jamie, if you developed a blood clot or another million to one shot, the insurance will cover it. You never know

dude..there's a morbid thought to go to bed on:lol:
I know you're right...I must be the easiest touch on the planet..even my dad (76) said on the phone tonight "personal injury ..1000 pounds minimum" ..I just don't roll like that..I believe what goes around comes around if you know what I mean!

J

jamie B

yeah..phoned the insurance co. today.
Took the van in for an estimate..£1800...and that's as long as they don't uncover more when they do it (it's pulling hard to the left now and the front beam/r hand wing are crumpled) you try and be a good guy but I just can't risk it, plus I need the van all the time and I'm sure she won't stump for one whilst mine is repaired...ahh well..could be worse..I could be that kid doing a paper round for the next 10 years to pay his mum back :lol::lol:

Thanks to all for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I didn't see it coming! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Bathroom/bathtub walls were tiled to the ceiling and a shower screen was fitting. Tiler left...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Just over a year ago I paid a tiler a lot of money to tile my kitchen floor. The tiles were...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.