Discuss i feel ggggrrrrrreeeeaaaaattttttt!!!!!!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

finaly have the opportunity I have been waiting for... not quite an apprenticeship but it is a weekly low paid job with a uk tiling contractor whhhheeeeeyyyy!!!!!!! they want me to go for a few days to see what I am made of and i think I am the perfect candidate as I am fresh and can learn how they do things! shame I have this job on really they wanted me in tmoz but I have to finnish what I have started.... can not wait I am hoping everything goes well with them ;)

M

Mr Tiler

whos the contractor ash? ,make sure they not using you with promises of work.

I don't want to say atm matey, theres was an apprenticeship add on the net so instead of apply for the apprenticeship online I hunted down the company and called the main boss told him who I am what I been doing and he told me he wants to give me a go before they start interviewing.. I told him what money I would need bottom rate and he offerd me more so happy days

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Ash forgive me if this sounds like am being smart mate cause its not how I mean to come across,i have just been talking to a lad I worked with for 3 years he pulled this guy outta the proverbially poo on the promise of loads of work,i told him to be careful,and guess what he got the job done 2 weeks ago(big contract) and the guy hasn't phoned him since,just be careful mate don't let people dangle the carrot,there are a lot of users out there who will think nothing of stabbing you in the back good luck mate

M

Mr Tiler

no mate not at all im here for your advise! I can see where you are coming from and have heard a lot of b.s over the last few months in regards to phoning people for work but this chap seems on the ball and seems to be genuinely after someone for the long run, he even said to me when the rescession hit he was forced to let a few guys go but its all picking up for his company now he wants to take some more workers on... me being the first hopefully! thing is it doesn't matter if it is 3 months work or even 3 days I have nothing at all to loose all I will do is keep from going self employed as I have held off taking the leap until i am at the 3 month deadline cheers for your concern and advice mate thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to i feel ggggrrrrrreeeeaaaaattttttt!!!!!!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB