Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter CJ CERAMICS
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 3K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss I really really dont believe it!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

Hi all, got a phone call this morning around 11.30 from a customer asking for a price to tile his kitchen floor.....no problems i can call on my way home tonight around about 6....."oh he says i wont be in then can you not come any earlier"....well i had to go to suppliers this afternoon to collect materials so i decide to go for them tomorrow morning instead.
"yeah no problem i can be there for about 1.30 if thats ok"

"fantastic says the customer i will see you then".
gets the address and sets off.

arrived at the house and rings the front door bell..

no answer...so i ring again....still no answer so i think maybe its not working so i knock on the door.....no answer.

hmmmmm i think have i got the right house? check the details and yes its the right house....cars on the drive and the tv's on.......so i knock again
still no answer..........not in the best of moods decide to pop a business card throughthe door explaining that i had turned up but no answer at the door and would call back later.....so i go back to the van to get the card.

while sitting in the van writing the explanation i gaze at the house.....and some-one ducked down below the window?????. so i gets out and knocked again and again.....finally the customer answers the door...opens it about 3 inches and quickly says that "sorry i have had some-one else comme round before you and i have given them the job" and shuts the door in my face.:yikes:

C

CJ CERAMICS

I hope you told them to man up and grow a pair. The very least they could have done was called you and told you.

to be honest scottley i was fuming so much i thought it was best to walk away and leave it....i would probably have been right to give him a mouthful but if in the future friends of his were thinking about having tiling done he could put them off me telling them about my rant...and i prefer to keep my rep intact.

C

CJ CERAMICS

that is just out of order to treat you like this ,you even put-yourselfe out for the scum, this is just not good enough!!!! good luck mate with the next one:thumbsup:

Thanks gooner next one this evening at 6.30 though should not be too hard as its a recommendation from a customer whos bathroom i ripped out and redid about a month ago. the customer i am going to see have been round to check out my work and really liked it.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
I have had the same. Most of me wanted to have a go at them for not calling / being honest / decent etc but a small part of me remembered that I am self employed and how easy it would have been for them to tell people how rude etc I was...so I smiled politely and walked back to my van in the pouring rain

Reply to I really really dont believe it!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
I really really dont believe it!!!!!!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.