UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss I think the sun has affected some peoples minds ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Working away today in a neighbours house, at about 11am my phone rings.

In a loud voice "Is that the tiler ?"
I reply " It is yes"
Caller " We want a refund "
Me " Eh !"
Caller " We aint paying for this mess"
Me " What ?"
Caller " I want a discount for the job you have just finished"
Me " What job ?"
Caller "*** lots of swearing**** , Dont try that with us, You have just left the job this morning. You will get your head kicked in if you dont give us the money back"
Me " Whoa, You must have the wrong number"
Caller " This is Neale isnt it ? "
Me " yes it is but ..."
Caller " Well its you then so give us the money back or my hubby will rip your ****** head off"
Me " You have the wrong person , I have been working at the same house for the past 3 days and I am still here"
Caller " **** more abuse*** Where the **** are you then?"
Me " I am 2 doors away from home address" I give them the address.
Caller " *** abuse again**** I am coming round now and I want my money"
Me " ok see you soon"

So a few minutes pass and I am out side packing my gear away and I see a car checking house numbers and then this woman jumps out the passenger side, checks th house numbers and comes storming up the path towards me.

She " Where the **** is Neale Pitts ? "
Me " Thats me"
She " dont come that with me"
Me " I am Neale"
She " We have your card here so we know its not you"
Me " I am sure lots of people have my card but you have the wrong person"....At this point I showed her my Driving licence and CSCS card with photo`s
She " We have your card so its up to you to pay us back"
Me " look, I havent worked for you and you havent paid me a penny, just because you have my card doesnt mean anything"
She " I will get the ******** police"
Me " please do"
Now I see a 2nd woman, younger this time coming up the path. Its the driver of the car, turns out to be the daughter.
Daughter " Mom, that isnt him !"
Me " Oh but I am me"
Daughter " I mean you didnt do the tiling"
Me "I know, thats what I have already said"
Mom and Daughter look at each other, I wait an apology !
Daughter " We called this number on Friday and this person came to price up the floor and we assumed this was you"
Me " well it wasnt me because I was camping from friday midday until Monday midday in Leicester"
Daughter looks at mother and then at the card that mother is holding and reads the telephone number ( which has home and mobile numbers) " Oh I dont think thats the number because there was only a mobile number"
She examines the card to find my address on there too and ..." Oh my god, sorry we did pick your card up but we had others too....I am so sorry"
Me " well at least thats cleared up but what was this guys name and whats he done ? " No answer
Daughter is doing a quick skip up the path back to her car, Mother just turns away and starts to walk away, to which I say " thanks for the apology anyway"
Mother turns around and gives me the fingers and a mouthfull of abuse again.
So I guess I wont find out what ever really happened now !

Reply to I think the sun has affected some peoples minds ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.