Discuss i was asked for a CRB Check !!! today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paulyoung666

it cant last very long though if you think about it ,the day after it comes through you could commit an offense then it's not worth the paper that it's written on!!:yikes:

thats the problem with it , i cant work out how it can be applied to contractors , everytime an individual starts a new job they need a new CRB check , as for the time it takes , my enhanced check took nearly 4 months to come through :yikes:

W

williamraff

Hi folks, I am afraid it is all about risk management. It is a bit of a hot potato at the moment as I am sure you are all aware - recent cases of unfortunate incidents in the media spring to mind.
I would not worry about it though , it is just a formality and should not present a problem to those with nothing to hide.
It also does not mean that the misdemeanours of our youth will come back to haunt us.

W

williamraff

Hi folks, I am afraid it is all about risk management. It is a bit of a hot potato at the moment as I am sure you are all aware - recent cases of unfortunate incidents in the media spring to mind.

I would not worry about it though , it is just a formality and should not present a problem to those with nothing to hide.

It also does not mean that the misdemeanours of our youth will come back to haunt us. Rehabilitation periods apply to past actions and spent convictions are deemed as being just that.

It is however, a legal requirement for all Governmental and some non Governmental bodies to insist that a CRB check be carried out regardles of whether one has recently been supplied to another organisation.

Copies of up to date CRB checks are a pre - requisite of most if not all organisations where sensitive material or individuals who might be considered as being at risk are involved such as businesse, schools, colleges etc.
It also forms part of the conditions necessary to comply with stake holder insurance provision.

In my experience it is unusual for an individual to provide his / her own CRB check, this is usually done dealt with by Principal Contractors prior to filling out PQQ's (pre qualification questioanires) on larger projects.

If nothing else it keeps the wrong elements from carrying out works which should be allocated to properly trained, law abiding citizens :thumbsup:.

Regards,Will.

Reply to i was asked for a CRB Check !!! today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
i was asked for a CRB Check !!! today
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.