Discuss Identifying tiles from markings on back - possible? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi,

Is it possible to identify a tile from the markings on its back? We recently bought a house that at some point (four or five years ago, I'm guessing) had had a kitchen fitted by Magnet. I'm assuming that the tiles were supplied by Magnet, but they've been unable to confirm that as they claim not to keep any paperwork for more than a year. We want to buy some replacement tiles to match what's already in for a new section that needs doing, but none of the paperwork we inherited gives us any idea of who made the tiles, or what range they're from. Unfortunately, the kitchen seems to have been put in by the last occupants but one, so we have no way of finding and contacting them.

There were four spare tiles that we found in a cupboard and the only identfying marks are a "Made in Spain" stamp in the top left, and in the bottom right there's a small smooth panel, which has the numbers 1-8 and below that the numbers 9-14 stamped in. Except that each different colour tile (there's a variety of colours) has one number that hasn't been stamped, so in the case of an off-white tile, it goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 and then 9 10 11 12 13 14 below that. There's no maker's name anywhere, either on the back or on the sides.

The tiles are kind of glazed ceramic, 10cm by 10cm and not perfectly square - the edges are slightly uneven. The two tile shops I've gone in have both observed that they are a little thicker than usual.

I know this isn't much to go on, but any help identifying these tiles would be a big, big help.

Thanks,

Richard.

U

Unregistered

OK, here are the four spare tiles I have:
2013-01-30-178_zps004e8359.jpg

Here's a shot of a load of them in situ:
2013-01-30-179_zpsbe366376.jpg

And here's a sample of the stamps on the back:
2013-01-30-181_zps963825af.jpg

And here's another shot of the back of one:
2013-01-30-182_zps523a1bce.jpg

Just to remind again of the context, they come from a Magnet kitchen installed some years ago. Magnet have no records of it any more and we have no way of finding teh home owners who got the work done to ask them.

Dimensions: the tiles are 100mm * 100mm and are thicker than usual, being about 7.5mm thick, maybe 8mm.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Identifying tiles from markings on back - possible? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, not sure if this is the right path but I am trying to identify some tiles that...
Replies
Views
Mary De Bono
M
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
N
  • Question
Hi there I've just joined after reading a few old threads regarding these tiles to see if...
Replies
Views
newuser
N
C
Hi, Looking for some ideas about what could have caused our lovely glass tiles to look like...
Replies
Views
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB