Discuss Identity Theft - Heads Up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just giving you the heads up regarding an email that's going around (I've had a few of 'em). Some spam thing that gives the impression that it's helping you protect your identity is actually trying to steal your identity. The email wants you to click on links and fill in a form. Don't even click on the links, the spammer will get confirmation that your email address is actually active and you'll end up with even more clever looking emails that look even more personal.

The way to tell it's fake is quite simply the fact that it isn't addressing you by your name.... that is, until you click the links and give them some details. So don't!

Just thought I'd give you the heads up as it looks quite convincing. It seems to come from a number of email addresses so there's no point me telling you one to block, they'll just change it in their next email to get past your spam filter.

Probably worth noting while we're on the subject that I get emails daily from "phishing" spammers that do look exactly like an ebay, paypal, lloydstsb, etc email and those too normally want me to click on a link and update my details. Sometimes they claim my account has had a security breach and that I need to change my details.

The irony lol

Identity theft emails claiming to help protect your identity
And a security breach that has never existed at all, that is unless I do click on the 'update my details' link

U

user123

They are getting so boring aren't they? These clever morons who have nothing better to do... anyhow, on the subject of virtual piracy, came across this before, I don't have an android ( what does that mean really? Except of fancy with touchy slidey screens and internet access?) phone but many of you do, so here it is, don't get caught:

Android trojan able to record phone calls? | Front Side Bus - Gadget, Technology, and Science News

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Identity Theft - Heads Up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Identity Theft - Heads Up
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.