UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss If you are looking for a professional tiler, please read this. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

This is a Thread that I hope will help all genuine customers that want a professional tiler to work for them.

A professional tiler will always............

1. Give you the best advice he/she can for FREE.
2. Try and accommodate all of your needs.
3. Keep your house clean whilst working.
4. Work to a very high standard at all times.
5. Inform you of any unforeseen problems asap.
6. Charge you a fair price for a professional job.
7. Guarantee the work carried out.
8. Use the best products that are required in different work situations.
9. Install the correct substrate if required for wetrooms, floorboards etc.
10. Be able to offer you references and pictures of previous work.

In return for all of the above, the Genuine Customer should.........

1. Not expect the tiler to "get over" badly prepped surfaces.
2. Not want to pay poor £ per metre for Natural stone fixing.
3. Listen to professional advice when given for free.
4. Not expect a wetroom built with plasterboard.
5. Pay for the job to be done correctly and not want the tiler to cut corners.
6. Get at least 3 estimates and realise that the cheapest is not always the best option.
7. Not have a £1000 budget for a victorian floor/wetroom.
8. Understand that Genuine tilers are there to help you and not to empty your wallet.
9. Understand that unforeseen problems are not included in the original price/estimate.
10. Not buy 400x400 polished porcelain from B&Q and want it fitted like the Cisteen Chapel floor.
11. Make a cup of tea/coffee every hour with biccies.

There will be many more points added to this thread, some in fun and some in total honesty. We will always do our utmost to help all customers but please remember that it is a two way street.
Thank you for reading this and I hope it helps you when looking for a Professional Tiler.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to If you are looking for a professional tiler, please read this. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all; We're looking at hiring skilled Wall/floor tilers to join our team in Canberra...
Replies
Views
Muhammad fiaz
M
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Finding it a little hard to get my head around something and hoping one of you might be...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.