Discuss Iffy...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Went to look at a floor yesterday.....kitchen/diner

Kitchen side has been done by guys brother......it looks ok. (Done, so kitchen could be installed) he doesn't have time to do the dining room side of the job. (Or won't)

The other half has been self levelled, but it doesn't look good. More waves than a Justin bieber concert. Levelled in a mapei compound.......not sure which one. It has then had a few coats of SBR, and has a high gloss finish....not sure how many coats to make it shine that much?

It needs re-doing.

I can't see any major problems self levelling over the top, but I did have a niggling doubt as to "would more self level compound actually bond to it?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Iffy...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all i am currently about to start a kitchen and hall floor, the ufh will run from the kitchen...
Replies
Views
little ed
L
D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB