Discuss I'm not advocating but.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cone

Like the title suggests, I'm not advocating ever using this but have to admit, anytime I've used it near 20 yr ago, any tiles I've stuck to it where still well bonded once I removed about 5 yr ago when retiling bathrooms for family members. Its the aul PVA debate. Now, I wouldn't dare use the stuff now after reading up on it and learning more about primer but like I mentioned earlier, I was guilty of this when just starting out and would only use the appropriate primer now but what's the big deal about using PVA for priming if one tiles and grouts the walls properly. If no water/moisture gets behind the tiles/grout then the PVA will never fail. I've primed plasterboard and newly plastered walls with PVA mid 90s and low and behold, not one tile failed a decade later. Maybe Im one of the lucky ones who used it, just curious was this the case for anyone else on here.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I'm not advocating but.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB