Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Impey Aqua Dec/Shower Tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Skilachi

Thinking of using the Tilesafe membrane for the floors and mapeigum for the walls as Impey doesnt really recommend using their tilesafe on the wall.

The walls will be boarded by 12.5mm thickness of marmox tile backer boards and also will be laying maybe 6mm of same marmox tile backer boards on the existing 20mm board on the floor........does it seem like a good idea? Just trying to make the wet room as waterproof as possible.

thanks

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

@ Phil....will Dura-WP holds with the travertine tiles that will be laid ontop of the marmox tile backer board hence why I'm thinking of using Mapei gum paint tanking system on the walls and tilesafe membrane tanking system on the floor after all the walls/floors has been primed and used the joint corners/tapes.:thumbsup:

Hi mate Marmox is like Wedi, if you tape the joints using flexible adhesive. You don,t realy have to tank I do just to be sure, but I always check with tech depts to find compatable products. Good luck:thumbsup:

A

ap222

Hello Skilachi, I'm currently building a wetroom using same products.
I'm using 10mm marmox boards, and all wetroom wall/floor joints have been first butt jointed with everbuild stixall ms polymer Everbuild Product Range - Everbuild.
After allowing that to cure, I applied waterproof reinforcing tape to the joints and then tanked with 2 coats of Mapei WPS.
Like Phil said, no need to tank the whole boards.

The tilesafe kit comes with the membrane, jointing putty, jointing compound and the primer.
I will be applying the tilesafe to the wet dec and all floor to wall joins. Then all overlapping tilesafe joints will be sealed with the jointing compound supplied.
Just make sure that if you decide to use any sealant othe than the one supplied in the kit, it must NOT contain silicone, as it will react and damage the tilesafe membrane.
Hope that helps & good luck with the project!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Skilachi

Hi ap222, thanks for ur inputs. The aqua dec tray and all impey tilesafe membrane kits came in this morning and should start the wetroom 2mro (sat). but need to get a 10mm for the existing floor boards to line up with the 12.5mm for the walls.

Just a quick question, has anyone use Bal products and how good is it compared to mapei? Went to the local ********** for the plasterboard adhesive (not ready mix) and they've only got Bal (one fastset and slowset). Also mentioned Ardex is good too.....so now i'm torn between using Bal, Ardex or Mapei as I intend to use the same product for the tile grout.

Any comments regarding this will be very useful and website to get them.....:thumbsup:

Ap222, can you share pics as you are installing the wetrooms, i will share mine as i progress as well.

thanks

Reply to Impey Aqua Dec/Shower Tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m fitting a Nova Frameless 1000 x 800 Sliding Door Shower Enclosure with a low profile...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Impey Aqua Dec/Shower Tray
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.