UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss In a pickle with Aquapanel substrate, around a fireplace in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

slonik

Hi,

I'll admit upfront this is a bodge, but I want to try it before having to spend "real money".

I have fitted aquapanel (cement board) on the front of my new hole-in-the-wall gas fireplace, this is where the problems start! (I probably should have used Supalux in hind sight)
The temperature can get to 75C, and I initally plastered it, this has all cracked and come away and Knauf technical support say that this is because it is gypsum based so wont stick to the aquapanel.
They suggest some £100 skim stuff but even then say it might crack above 50C.

So my crazy idea is to "skim" it with tile adhesive and sand down smooth and paint it.

My question is which adhesive would be my best shot?

Thanks
Dan

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to In a pickle with Aquapanel substrate, around a fireplace in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi, sorry in advance if this is an old question. I've had a quick look round on the forum...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
D
Hi guys, I stumbled across this site at the weekend when searching online for some DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
A
Hi, I’m still planning my first proper tiling job (in my own house) and have been trying to get...
Replies
Views
_Adrian
A
N
Hello, Sorry, I've registered but am a bit impatient waiting for the email to finish my...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
R
I have put a few posts up on here about tiling differend substrates and have got some suprising...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.