UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Increasing traffic to your Website - Do you benefit from a good website in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

Hiya site. :hurray:

Lots of new faces on here so ive been quiet over the last few weeks. i enjoy reading everyone elses problems. the same problems i had, lol :lol:

Anyway. do any of you have a website and if so do you get jobs from having a good website and having it placed high on a search engine.

Ive got my website up and running and after seeing how many vistors i get i seeem to get between 3 - 12 unique vistors a day. But very little phone calls from it :mad2:

Whats the best way to get your website using the best keywords and getting it on the first page of google

also wanted to know how many vistors you get to your website and how much work you get from a website :thumbsup:

P

Pawelzik

Hello Tysfoot. With a bit difficulty I found your page via google by searching "Manchester new look tiling" (I hope this is yours).
1. Why can´t I find it in your profile? This would be helpful.
2. I can´t find it by only searching "Manchester tiles" or "Manchester tiling": no results found regarding your page or adress.
3. New Look Tiling is a company so talk about "We", not "I"
4. Your working area should be "typical", not were you "can" go
5. Don´t pay for being on google´s first page. If everybody does, everybody is on page 1 and this wont work.
6. Your logo should be on the page for recognization.
7. Photos are okay, a bit more dscription will underline your skill
8. Home adress with fax number is missing. How can I contact you with letter or rough drawings?
9. Keywords should be Manchester / tile / tiling / granite / mosaic / marble / new / look and your name
Hope, this will you give an idea, Martin

D

davy_G

Hi tysfoot. I have a website and thought it would be my advert to the world.
'Tiler belfast' is my main keyword and the site comes in about 7 on google.
In six months i get loads of hits but so far only 2 calls. One was so far away i didnt bother quoting and the other was a querry about where my showroom was???
Anyway, I see the website as a gallery for my work and let potential clients see my standards, professional attitude and hopefully get a bit of background about tiling.
I dont see it as an avenue for generating work as most tilers get work through word of mouth and tile suppliers. If you where looking for a plumber and you had a mate had a bathroom done, you would ask your mate if they recommended them and go from there. Im my case, Northern Ireland is not ready to find tilers via the web. London and other big cities may be different though.

Hope this doesnt put a dampner on your site but it is my experience!
Good luck anyway.

R

Raja

Hello Tysfoot. With a bit difficulty I found your page via google by searching "Manchester new look tiling" (I hope this is yours).
1. Why can´t I find it in your profile? This would be helpful.
2. I can´t find it by only searching "Manchester tiles" or "Manchester tiling": no results found regarding your page or adress.
3. New Look Tiling is a company so talk about "We", not "I"
4. Your working area should be "typical", not were you "can" go
5. Don´t pay for being on google´s first page. If everybody does, everybody is on page 1 and this wont work.
6. Your logo should be on the page for recognization.
7. Photos are okay, a bit more dscription will underline your skill
8. Home adress with fax number is missing. How can I contact you with letter or rough drawings?
9. Keywords should be Manchester / tile / tiling / granite / mosaic / marble / new / look and your name
Hope, this will you give an idea, Martin

Thank you Martain very informative post i have just started the ball rolling with a website linked to google adwords so hope it will be another arrow in my bow and let people see what i am about.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi dan

can you get me to number one for tiler in manchester or tiler in oldham

YES! No Problem At All - I could do it within a week or two.
----
We rank (with tilersforums) 9th for 'tiling' alone in Google.com and about 3/4th in Google.co.uk.

Anything to do with tiling I can rank for pretty easily and quickly.

PM me if you want more info mate.

Last edited:
P

protilers

Hello all,

websites are there to assist your "potential" customers decide to use your services,
your "potential" customers still need to have heard your name somewhere else....i.e word of mouth,business card etc.
you will only make good money tiling if u are good at it......repeat business is how we survive,working for domestic customers direct is one a month etc.......working for builders is constant, but, you will only work constantly if you can perform......
websites.......not the answer just a tool...........

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Increasing traffic to your Website - Do you benefit from a good website in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views
Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.