• Thread starter techweb
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 119

Currently reading:
Indirect (Boiler Fed) Megaflo Doesn't Stop Heating Discussion Thread

Discuss Indirect (Boiler Fed) Megaflo Doesn't Stop Heating Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Indirect (Boiler Fed) Megaflo Doesn't Stop Heating Discussion Thread

Hi,

I noticed yesterday that when my HW is on, that the boiler runs constantly... I even tested this morning after it ran last night so no water usage overnight and it ran for 30 minutes before I turned it off on the controls. No dripping from Tundish.

My suspicion is the thermostat in the Megaflo which presumably is demanding heat continually. The boiler temp is 60c so it isn't going to overboil the water the cylinder as it reaches an equilibrium.

I'm not G3 qualified so cannot do any real troubleshooting myself but the three way zone valve appears to be operating correctly and hot pipe out of this is then fed into the two way zone valve. There is no resistance on the lever on the two way valve which indicates to me that it has power, presumably by virtue of the HW being on on the controls and the cylinder stat calling for heat.

I'll ask my plumber to take a look but my suspicion is the cylinder stat at this stage unless there is a flaw in my logic. Could a faulty 2 way zone valve cause it to remain in the open position and demanding HW heat continually? I think not as otherwise it would continue running when the HW was turned off on the controls.

Thanks...

Indirect (Boiler Fed) Megaflo Doesn't Stop Heating for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to Indirect (Boiler Fed) Megaflo Doesn't Stop Heating Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB