UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Installing hardie backer 500 on various surfaces in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

ceekay

Hi All

Sorry to drive you mad but I see some of you have used hardie backer boards before and I was getting some conflicting info and was hoping you could advise?

I have 3 different surfaces in an ensuite which consist of concrete block, exterior house brick and stud work. I have seen conflicting information on what board to use and how to fix it. The latest info seems to be to glue and plug and screw the brickwork and obviously just screw into the timber using 12mm hardie boards with galvanised screws? If so what contact adhesive would I use? I was thinking of grip fill or pink grip but not sure if it will adhere to the wall and the board?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Keith

C

ceekay

Cheers for the advice guys.

Just thought with the weight of decent quality floor to ceiling tiles would be abit much for the dabs on plasterboard and although abit of overkill with the hardi boards I had read on this forum quite a few people using the hardiboards and tanking? I have a couple of small stud walls to cover as well.

As an additional problem the block wall is out by 15mm from top to bottom and not sure if I can adjust the adhesive / fixings on the hardiboards to compensate but that would obviously be easier with dot and dab. What tanking system would you suggest if you don't mind me asking guys?

Cheers, Keith

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Installing hardie backer 500 on various surfaces in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Installing tiles 400x600 over an exposed exterior cement screed - it has 20mm fall over 2300mm...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just a quick question regarding packing out the difference between the tile height...
Replies
Views
I am refurbing my bathroom and would like to install boards on the walls to create a nice even...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.