Discuss Insulation boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Hi guys,

Customer asked me two questions today and embarrassingly I didn't know the answers, although it must be said they were slightly obscure. He wants 60m2 of garage floor tiled, in porcelain with electric heating mesh. His questions were, are insulation boards load bearing, ie. would they take the weight of a car, or would they crumble rendering the whole thing useless and secondly are they water proof generally? I can't think why they'd get wet but given it is a garage you never know. Any thoughts?

Cheers Rob

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Insulation boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
R
Hi All, Got an interesting one in a couple of weeks, existing kitchen is tiled and new tiling...
Replies
Views
J
Looking at a job wher the spec is 45-50mm screed laid over existing concrete base . two large...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J
Hi, I have a concrete kitchen floor job that has porcelain tiles with ufh that doesn't work so I...
Replies
Views
J
Hi All, The bathroom is still coming along and despite loads of life issues slowing it down...
Replies
Views
jond500
J
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB