Discuss Interesting customers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Anybody come across customers with interesting jobs or hobbies etc?

Looked at a kitchen last night for a fella. Asked me what adhesive I'd be using and then he said 'The reason I ask you that is because I work in a lab that develops and tests tile adhesive'.

Interesting conversation ensued, and he was telling me which adhesives were dirt and which held up well in the tests. There were a few shocks, one of the best adhesives they tested was made by a tiny company in ROI. Got the job but told him I'd do it a bit cheaper for a recipe for S2 adhesive :lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Just finished a kitchen floor & walls for one of the country's leading psychologists. He described my character traits & type of personality to a T.

You fooled him then Geoff.

I'm just working for a retired DCI who actually worked with my uncle in the 70s out of Milgarth police station in Leeds. Turns out he arrested one of the main ring leaders and bomb makers when the riots were going on in Chapeltown along with Brixton Toxteth etc in the 80s. Went to arrest him for a shoplifting offence and found all these petrol canisters, milk bottles and rags. Apparently this guy came from a well respected family but was a failed law student and went complete anti-establishment.

T

TJ Smiler

You fooled him then Geoff.

I'm just working for a retired DCI who actually worked with my uncle in the 70s out of Milgarth police station in Leeds. Turns out he arrested one of the main ring leaders and bomb makers when the riots were going on in Chapeltown along with Brixton Toxteth etc in the 80s. Went to arrest him for a shoplifting offence and found all these petrol canisters, milk bottles and rags. Apparently this guy came from a well respected family but was a failed law student and went complete anti-establishment.

That is mental mate

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Worked for a Falklands veteran, that was very very interesting. Being an ex-squad myself it took me three weeks to get a 17m2 bathroom done!! The stories and photo's were unbelievable. Great guy

A mate of mine was in the falklands, a para, he is a landlord in a pub now, now and again he gets a 80s magazine out,it was a weekly publication about the war,he was on the front cover, having a shave with a bowie knife gggrrrrrrrr

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Did some floor screeding for one of the guys that flew the spitfire in the Battle of Britain flight. Also did some for Trevor Baylis. Also did the house of the guy that invented the little round switch thing that your kettle sits on...can't remember his name.

J

jonnyc

I have done many jobs for interesting and well known over the last 28 years.
I have worked for a major lottery winner who used to fit lifts for the rich and then when he won he moved to that area and was totally lost.
there was the university professor who invented something for the space shuttle and manufactured himself and made hundereds of millions.
another engineer who manufactured calculators in scotland and made similar.
a client i worked for in south africa who got done for the one of the biggest frauds in their history. you know this story.
roman abramovich was a great employer and i didnt even know who he was when he first came here .
but the best would have to be carl freer who invented gizmondo a hand held console .
one of the greatest fraudster in recent times in the techno industry.
i dont know how to post links to his criminal endevours but they are are beyond belief.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I have done many jobs for interesting and well known over the last 28 years.
I have worked for a major lottery winner who used to fit lifts for the rich and then when he won he moved to that area and was totally lost.
there was the university professor who invented something for the space shuttle and manufactured himself and made hundereds of millions.
another engineer who manufactured calculators in scotland and made similar.
a client i worked for in south africa who got done for the one of the biggest frauds in their history. you know this story.
roman abramovich was a great employer and i didnt even know who he was when he first came here .
but the best would have to be carl freer who invented gizmondo a hand held console .
one of the greatest fraudster in recent times in the techno industry.
i dont know how to post links to his criminal endevours but they are are beyond belief.

There you go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Freer

J

jonnyc

Ok thanks.
this guy bought Jensen button house in st George's hill weybridge.
i have never seen so many super cars in my life.must have been 20 plus.
stefan erikson his co Swedish partner managed to total and cut in half a Ferrari Enzo that he didn't even own in a race on a Malibu highway.can you find this link bri.
it was really crazy stuff. The builder got decapitated in an accident and hit men were sent to sort out the new builder who charged vat but was not vat registered.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Interesting customers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
W
I had a job booked to retile 19m of kitchen floor where the house had apperently had a little...
Replies
Views
wayfoward
W
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB