Discuss introduction in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

lost boy

hi guys.new to the forum and just saying hello,quite a few years ago i did my nvq"s in bricklaying at college,whilst there i had no idea they had a massive tiling training centre,i was gutted i didnt know but my teacher said you cant pay for the course as it was only for large companies who send there trainees there.ive had an interst in tiling for many years and have always wanted to learn the trade,im very sceptical about short courses as my bricklaying nvq was two and a half years,to be fair we spent the mornings in the classroom and only spent 3or4 hours doing the practical side,i never did anything with my qualification as my wife runs pubs and was always involved,ive seen on the forum really good feedback about the uk trades training tiling course,i live in sheffield so this would be an ok option,any help and advice about the courses they do would be a huge help,im not expecting to be a great tiler in the early stages but love to learn,
thanks for reading and any help is much appreciated,paul

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi Paul,

Welcome aboard matey.

UK Trades Training has loads of good feedback, and we actually have a fair few guys on the forum know who we'd call good tilers that trained there a few years ago.

It's a good starting point, it'll show you whether you like it, and it'll put you in touch with the right companies, and will help you to get the right questions you need to answer in your head. You'll give a few area's of a tiling a tiny go (in comparison to what you'd do as a full time professional tiler over a few weeks). And the forums (all tile, and business forums) will help you get questions answered quickly from a number of people with different views etc

But you have to start somewhere. It becomes a bit of a passion if you like it, and you'll end up doing a few manufacturers training days afterwards, and all the time you can be practicing on friends and family and whatnot.

Welcome to the forum either way.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to introduction in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Good morning, i took voluntary redundancy that kicks in at the end of September. I did a home...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB