Discuss inventory easy in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rainsco

inventur01.jpg

thats what i have done today. the result of more than 30 years tiling and collecting rest tiles from my dad and me. i found tiles from the 70ties in brown, green and red. tiles from the 80ties in printed cararra optic and diffrent "shades of grey". one or two packets of jolly tiles. no tile is over 35cm x 35cm. it were over 10 euro pallets of tiles. only 1 ore 2 m².
now i´m feeling relieved. but there is a lot of more to do to get rid of the mess.

R

rainsco

in all tiling colleges in germany they use only 15x15 with kalk and sand. in the master school the tiles are required every year new for a special masterpiece.
if i had asked someone if anyone has a use for the tiles i think it will take 1 year until the last tile is from my place or i will get duzens of requests if i can bring it with my van.

about 15 years ago we could sell some resttiles for low money. but the times are changing. today the customers in germany has no more rooms for cheap and ugly tiles. the heating room is to nice so the customer goes to DIY market and buy a made in china tile for 5 euro per m² in the color he likes instead of using an old tile. no one wants diffrent tiles in each room in the cellar.

so i allready have a few resttiles with 8-15m² in my shop but i think they block the next 20 years my place.

the tiles now get kibbled and will be used for the streets.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to inventory easy in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
T
Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion! My next task has been to come up...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
Well what to say, cut a long story short, I'll be looking after my Dad for the foreseeable...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
A collection of over one thousand tiles and three hundred tile panels of outstanding quality and...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB