Discuss invoices contracts estimates etc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Ceramico tiling

Hi all

I am curious what you guys all do with regards to job estimates,client contracts,deposits etc.

I have always just worked on a word of mouth type basis but have to step it up now and this all gets a bit hazy if you know what I mean.

Do you guys actually have a contract that you get the customer to sign before work comences?,,and is it easy enough to get materials deposits etc.Any help appreciated.

thanks

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
most of my quotes i do when looking at the job gives the client the chance to book me there and then.

there all written on carbon paper, i keep one copy, client gets the other copy, stapled to my copy are what i call my notes about the job, it just reminds of prep work need, materials ect., i take deposits only if im supplying tiles over £500, on the bottom of my quotes it states 'payment on completion'.

when the jobs 100% finished and the client is 100% happy with the work they get presented with an invioce and i get presented with a cheque, they get left with a hand full of cards and a hand shake and its on to the next one.

S

Stewart

Customer gets fully itemised quote and schedule of works. They then have to sign off on the quote and our T&C. We normally only take deposits on jobs over 2 grand and payment is on completion. If I have any extras, the customer has to give me written confirmation accepting the extra costs before I'll do them. This sounds a pain, but most customers have email on their phone, so only takes minutes to sort out.

All my paperwork is done on my mac, with a file on every job I've done, which includes all my notes when doing the quote, materials used and cost and profit.

Reply to invoices contracts estimates etc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
invoices contracts estimates etc
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.