Discuss Ipad 2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fulabeer

The ipad 2 actually gave me the opportunity to get a ipad 1 cheaper.
I wasn't that bothered about getting one, but i could see that it could be handy.
The kids would love it, and it meant me and the wife got our iphones back!

Just a few weeks a go, a basic ipad 1 sold for £429 (16gb wi-fi only)
With the announcement of the ipad 2, Apple dropped £100 off the price of the existing models.
So the basic model was £329, or £289 for a refurbished model.
I was all set to get a refurbished model, as they come with a brand new case and battery, meaning they look brand new.
They also get the same 12 months warranty as a new one.

Just as i was about to pull the trigger, an Apple loving mate rang.
I mentioned the ipad 1 purchase, and he said he was getting a ipad 2.
I asked what he was doing with his ipad 1.
He said if i was interested he would sell me his nearly new 64gb wi-fi + 3G for £350.
This also included a Leather cover/case, an Apple care extended warranty until 2013, an official ipad keyboard and dock, and a screen protector.
I bit his hand off!

I would have said the ipad was a solution looking for a problem.
But having used it for a while, i must admit it is good.
I have a Sonos whole house music system, and there is a great free app for it. It like having a giant full screen remote.
There are so many "designed for ipad" apps, that it enhances the already brilliant iphone apps.
The kids took to it straight away. we have a good balance between educational and gaming apps for them.
They love being able to just sit down a watch any of their films.
The wife only plays solitaire so far, but it's a start.

We don't regret not getting a ipad 2, as the extra speed/camera are not needed.
I also believe there are some screen light bleeding issues that would drive me nuts whilst watching a film.
I showed it to my 80+ year old neighbour. He loved it as he is struggling with his laptop.
I have advised him to get an ipad 2 though. He wants to be able to use Skype to see/speak to his family in South Africa.
He will have to use the iphone app for now, but a ipad 2 app should be out soon.

If anybody wants a ipad 2 quick, there are a few places that are getting stock in daily.
Argos and Tesco direct keep getting stock. You have to be quick (and keep checking), as they are selling out within minutes.
Mac warehouse are getting them, but is suffering a nightmare with it's online ordering system.
This has ended up with some people getting theirs two days later, yet some people who ordered last week still waiting.
Your best bet, is to use John Lewis. You can reserve for pick up or delivery. By all accounts, they have been brilliant and totally professional.

The same cannot be said for Currys/PC world (inc business direct)/Comet/HMV.
They have been taking money when they know they have zero stock. :thumbsdown:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Ipad 2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Ipad 2
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.