Discuss Is anyone els finding in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I guess it depends who you're working for, I'm quite lucky at the moment as one firm I work for pays every 2 weeks without fail and a local builder pays me within 1-2 days of invoicing him. If I work for a new company I walk away the first time they messed me about. As for any domestic work I do (Which is rare) I wouldn't leave the house until I get paid! Have had my fair share of being messed about in the past though.

O

On one

I have it with one builder who always messes me about ,always pays but its stressful ,I used to charge them the same rate as the good payers but now I charge them more as I know they will make me wait
Ditto.....always get paid,but have to wait for it,however much I help them out of the do do. Then again I work for another builder who's always nagging me to put an invoice in as soon as I am finished.

C

charlie1

I don't really have a problem getting paid. It's clear on there invoice that payment has to be made on satisfied completion. In other words, I ain't leaving till I'm paid. If they say I don't have the cash on me (even though I've been working for them for a week or so & know when I'm finishing) I say, no problem, I accept card payments too! Result!

nice one gus,how do you take card payments?

B

Bubblecraft

Currently I'm using iZettle. Plugs straight into your iPhone or iPad. There is another version which uses your audio jack to take payments if you have an andriod or other devises. Can be assigned to your personal bank account or business. Accepts Visa, MasterCard, Diners & Amex. Visa is a wee bit different to do. Currently waiting on Worldpay chip & pin card reader to be accepted as that now pairs with the iPhone & iPad. Just put up a thread a few mins ago about Worldpay

P

Pebbs

I have it with one builder who always messes me about ,always pays but its stressful ,I used to charge them the same rate as the good payers but now I charge them more as I know they will make me wait

I do the same as Gary, I have one particular main contractor, who can take up to 16 weeks to pay after the application date, so I hike the price up accordingly. They ring up and say that quote is a bit of the heavy side, can you do anything about it? I throw it right back at them, 'Yes I'll do something about it, when you do something about your late payments'. Fairs fair!

Lynn

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I do the same as Gary, I have one particular main contractor, who can take up to 16 weeks to pay after the application date, so I hike the price up accordingly. They ring up and say that quote is a bit of the heavy side, can you do anything about it? I throw it right back at them, 'Yes I'll do something about it, when you do something about your late payments'. Fairs fair!

Lynn

Is it just me? or has anyone else fallen in love with Lynn ( Pebbs). Lynn you are a true inspiration. Keep up the good work.

P

Pebbs

I was flicking through some old photographs earlier, looking for some past work photos, when i came across this photo, it was from a long time ago, and all my main lads were of working in Ireland, and I had to set the lads off on a god forsaken marble corridor. It is an experience I never want to do again, but it makes me laugh looking back now, what doesn't make me laugh so much is the fact that I lost thousands on this contract when the main contractor liquidated themselves. Ce la vie!

Attachments

• 398.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 35
A

aphilp

We have just completed a job which lasted 28 weeks and after 7 weeks, the client started to pay us on behalf of the contractor, when I expressed concern about late payments. The client has now given us a further contract which is due to last 12 weeks, with the promise of further work. Unfortunately, the other sub-contractors have not been paid yet and I know if I had not acted swiftly on this contract, we would have been faced with yet another large amount of money owing to us and the contractor opening up a new company!

The client is having professional photographs taken of the project and unusually we are not being bound by privacy and I look forward to sharing these with you - marble bathrooms, gym room, sauna, floors and staircases, together with high end carpentry work eg cinema room.

Credit control is becoming more difficult, but it is important to read the signs early and take appropriate action. As I have said before, I am called irritating and annoying when chasing our cash, but I remain professional and persevere at all times. Three of our contractors went into liquidation in 2012, due to non-payment and we came out unscathed.

Anne

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Is anyone els finding in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB