Discuss Is it just me or what! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I went back to a customer today whose ensuite I had done about 6 months ago. He had a problem with one of the curved shower door runners failing (glad he had purchased it and not me)' anyway I had offered to replace it for him "no charge".
Well :yikes::yikes:what had they been doing to "my" ensuite?. it had obviously not been cleaned once in its very short life there was yucky bits of soap everywhere in the shower, and congealed who knows what in the corner. the doors were so lime scale stained you could only just see through them and more hair and bits hanging around than I've ever had in my life.

When I leave a job its spotless, I always feel good about what I've done and usually the improvement over what was there is plain to see. I always consider (this is where title comes in......"is it just me or what") the room that I'm doing to be mine until I leave the job finished and looking perfect for the customer. It hurts to see a good job going to ruin, especially in such a short time.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
It's not just you. I've been back to a customers that I finished on Friday, been back to pick up money this afternoon and plumbers were in. Well what can I say, filth, dirt and tile dust from drilling everywhere. No dust sheets down, stood in the shower tray in boots. I give up. Luckily the customer was happy with my work and has paid me.

Shut the door on it and forget about it, sometimes you just have to do that!!! Sad but true.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Is it just me or what! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB