Discuss Is it official ?? Is the recession over ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

on the domestic front shot to pieces on the developer side and contract side seems to riding a wave but they go up and come down taleing to tile shops on a daily basis and they are quite realy quite. some of them the shops that are doing well in this enviroment are ones that sell tiles bathrooms and do the design and fit are seem to be doing well the way business seem to being done these days is pro forma only the old accoutt system is diying a death the ression is a long way from being over to many zobie companys hanging on by there finnger nails holding back the recovery .my beat guess by the end of the year up to 40% of bathroom only shops will be gone the internet is destroying them with help of the manafators exspect to pay though the nose when there gone .next there is a mass over surpliy in the tile market selling the same old same old with dispays at least 10 years old or more even dispaying tiles that where dicondinude years ago exspect at least 20% to go even a big name or two to go in to add min then come out the othe end with 50% less stores next kitchen shops at least 20% will go next will be the grannit worktops and stone people sell there products at cost hoping to make money out of the fitting only realy brutal at the moment exspect to see at least 35% to go but the real truth is these need to go to let the rest to start to make money sad but true

M

m3fitter

on the domestic front shot to pieces on the developer side and contract side seems to riding a wave but they go up and come down taleing to tile shops on a daily basis and they are quite realy quite. some of them the shops that are doing well in this enviroment are ones that sell tiles bathrooms and do the design and fit are seem to be doing well the way business seem to being done these days is pro forma only the old accoutt system is diying a death the ression is a long way from being over to many zobie companys hanging on by there finnger nails holding back the recovery .my beat guess by the end of the year up to 40% of bathroom only shops will be gone the internet is destroying them with help of the manafators exspect to pay though the nose when there gone .next there is a mass over surpliy in the tile market selling the same old same old with dispays at least 10 years old or more even dispaying tiles that where dicondinude years ago exspect at least 20% to go even a big name or two to go in to add min then come out the othe end with 50% less stores next kitchen shops at least 20% will go next will be the grannit worktops and stone people sell there products at cost hoping to make money out of the fitting only realy brutal at the moment exspect to see at least 35% to go but the real truth is these need to go to let the rest to start to make money sad but true
Ray TT, you made me laugh out loud.... You love a percentage, maths head lol :)

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

yeah you're all right, the developer side is booming, maybe the banks are throwing loans at them to boost the new house sales.. its commercial and high end only from my side
them boys can spot a deal a at a thousand paces cheaper labour cheaper buying cost .but lots of over sea investers looking for a safe haven to put there money its keeping us from a greek type resesion .

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
My work has picked up no end. Sods law. Contacted a few builders/installers a got some regular work in the diary, people are now hitting my website and also getting referals from local tile shops.
In the dangerous position tomorrow of having three jobs on the go and no space in the diary for almost 6 weeks to shuffle things around. Not complaining but its going to be a tough week to keep on top of things.

Same here, things definately picked up for me too. Needed to after a few quiet weeks. Been working till half 9 all week running 2 jobs, then a 3rd started today running over the weekend. I'll finish 1 job tomorrow, the current one Monday, then back to the big job Tuesday.

Also, a victorian floor quote to do Monday, a shower rebuild job confirmed to do after the big job, plus had another lead tonight about a full bothroom. Lets hope it lasts more than the summer holidays.

P

Peter

Had a frantic June doing 12 hour days most of the month and turning a lot of work away. July definitely a bit quieter as all enquiries of the month so far have been small jobs but still keeping steady. Always the same for me in July, bit of a dip then flat out again.

Have noticed that there's someone local undercutting me like crazy on new leads though, and I'm certainly not the dearest.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Is it official ?? Is the recession over ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB