UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss is this gap too big for silicone? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevepmc2214

Hi i've started to tile my shower enclosure and at the tiles at the bottom next to the tray ive got a gap around 20mm. I've obviously messed up with the measurements as it was only meant to be around 10mm!
Is this gap too big to seal with silicone?
If so what would be the best course of action?

Also im tiling up to the ceiling using tile trims for the vertical outside edges, do i need to use trim where the tile reaches the ceiling (horizontal) or do i just scribe it in?

Thanks

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Ah i think i've understood this one now. Cuts to the tray are fine, but around the rest of the room it's short to the floor by 20mm? Did we run a full tile off the tray then? What's been done with the floor? Is it being tiled? If the floor's staying as is what about cutting and fitting some 3" skirting to run round the room? It would cover your gap.

S

stevepmc2214

It's only being tiled inside the shower enclosure. The tray is above a timber floor and I remember when the plumber put the waste in there wasn't any way to raise the tray due to the cut out in the floor and the shape of the waste.
I nearly started with a full tile at the bottom but as I'd started the next row up 1st ( following advice I'd read and on YouTube) when I went to put the bottom row in there was a 3mm gap to tray.
I thought this may be too small for silicone so I trimmed a slither off and ended up with a gap too big!
Can you tile it's my 1st attempt at tilling!?

P

prceramics

Ah ok misread it, like has been done already, i take it back on this thread.....
But recently ive noticed you being a tad bitchy on other threads, especially about new tilers who have been on courses, same with a few other posters on here, i dont come on much anymore,soi may be wrong mate
tbh Dave has been nothing but supportive to me since i came off my course :)

T

The D

Ah ok misread it, like has been done already, i take it back on this thread.....
But recently ive noticed you being a tad bitchy on other threads, especially about new tilers who have been on courses, same with a few other posters on here, i dont come on much anymore,soi may be wrong mate
I think you will find that all the new tilers get more from this forum than they did from there training school. I have not seen any posts having a pop at new tilers just the dilution of the skills and training schools handing out worthless qualifications.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I think you will find that all the new tilers get more from this forum than they did from there training school. I have not seen any posts having a pop at new tilers just the dilution of the skills and training schools handing out worthless qualifications.

I have, off a few on here not just dave, bitching about courses and tilers who come out of them.
Never mind though deano,i aint gonna win any fights on here with u few,some posts just make me laugh with all the contradictions which go around with some on here.
I just dont like bullys

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to is this gap too big for silicone? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.