Discuss is this normal to happen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

craigmmorq4

Hi all

Since day one it seems the grout on the feature wall hasn't set properly. If I scratch the grout it comes out. The tiles in the rest of the house don't do this.

See photo 20131103_101816.jpg

The grout has had 2 months to dry.Any opinions please?

I

Ian

Yes its from porcelanosa. Im assuming they interlock but not sure as i didn't tile it.

Ok. When they interlock the tiles are essentially butt jointed leaving very little room for any grout, in my opinion these tiles only need a small amount of grout around the edges (like a regular tile) and the fake grout lines within the tile are not to be grouted as they have a glaze on them. From your picture it looks as if the tile has been grouted all over and the grout that is coming out is doing so because it has nothing to bond to.

S

Stef

Ok. When they interlock the tiles are essentially butt jointed leaving very little room for any grout, in my opinion these tiles only need a small amount of grout around the edges (like a regular tile) and the fake grout lines within the tile are not to be grouted as they have a glaze on them. From your picture it looks as if the tile has been grouted all over and the grout that is coming out is doing so because it has nothing to bond to.

Hit the nail right on the head Bri.

M

Mr Tiler

very nice bri... very nice indeed lol :thumbsup:

M

Mr Tiler

It's always worth waiting for my quality posts, I'm a fountain of porcelanosa knowledge, lol! They are a pain to clean up after grouting and in my opinion these tiles shouldn't be put in a wet area.

should of known better lol!... i never knew you could get interlocking tiles... and i don't like the sound of that for some reason unknown to me. lol :sofahide:

M

Midlandceramics

Yes i agree bri .I fix a lot of Porcelonsa stuff they rec a 1 mm grout line if at all any !but bath apps have to be grouted for obv reasons ! Also some grouts if you mix to weak will take weeks to cure prop and prob would still be not rock hard !!

Reply to is this normal to happen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB