Discuss it's what the trade use! honest guv in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

I stopped tiling floors for kitchen contractors years ago for that very reason. Was always nailed 6mm ply even over floorboards. I ripped up six bathroom travertine floors last week for same reason. They were laid less than two years ago and were breaking up themselves.
and the people who laid them originally say, well, I've never had a failure!!

M

mikethetile

B&Q sales staff are trained to make these statements to swing sales

years ago a friend of mine bought an ailing door supply shop and threw out the stock, over the years he built a reputation for supplying and fitting top quality doors with a price to match

if anyone came in and baulked at he price he would explain why his doors are the price they are and if they were looking for a budget door he would refer them to B&Q as being the cheapest in the area

they repaid him directing traffic through their doors with a nasty smear campaign

they werent happy with people coming in and saying the door centre sent them as they dont stock budget doors and they wanted all his sales

I laughed in disbelief when he told me and asked if I would go in and look at the doors and say I had been talking to the door centre and had been told to come here as they were the best value I could get for my budget

the guy went into overdrive making all kinds of statements, the most damaging being that the door centre were in every week to buy the doors from them to stock the shop at a massively inflated price and that the public were being stitched up by a rogue trader

I and others had to make statements to trading standards who brought a case against B&Q

the damage to my mates excellant hard earned reputation was shot and cost him sales, but the worst part was it took some of the wind ffrom his sails and he run the business down and retired

he wouldnt even sell as a going concern as as far as he was concerned it reputation was tarnished

even the sight of the colour orange raises my blood pressure

Reply to it's what the trade use! honest guv in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just like I wrote in the introduction I’ve been lurking in this forum for quite some...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
it's what the trade use! honest guv
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.