Discuss johnsons floor tiles dont bother!!!!!! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

E

epoxy pete

Did a job the other weekend with 300x300 mm porcelain ,johnsons range,made in greece on the packaging,these have to be the worst ever tiles i have worked with in years,absolute and utter cr-ap...they differed by up to 2- 3 mm in size,all same batch number etc,i thought B and q special 4.99 sq mtr were bad,but these are rubbish!!!
johnsons used to be a quality product... whats the worst tiles you have worked with and why?

L

Leatherface

Don't worry mate - happens to all of us.
Sent a customer to a trusted tile shop for job before xmas - chose 600 x 600 spanish porcelain. 32 sq m job, so couldn't check every box. Half way through the tiles started to differ between 1 and 4mm in each box. Had a do with shop - these tiles were now discontinued - customer had bought last lot.
Ended up having to use some as cuts and shave a couple of mil off the biggest ones with wet cutter to make them fit. Absloute nightmare - customer was happy with result though - gave me a bottle of wine.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to johnsons floor tiles dont bother!!!!!! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
We have just finished a 23m floor done in 300x300 grey rocktop porcelain from Johnsons Kerastar...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hi all, got a 70sqr mtr floor to do in tumbled limestone in sizes 1000mmx600 900x600 800x600...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
P
Good evening all. I'm hoping someone can help. I have never tiled a floor before, and have the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB