Discuss joining tile to carpet of different levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi, Just had bathroom floor tiled. Tiles are 10mm thick with underfloor heating so end result is that the tile floor is higher that the carpet on the landing. The carpet fitters have fitted a metal strip at the doorway but it doesn't look good because it sticks up at the carpet side. Is there a special threshold strip for use when carpet level is well below tile level? If so, what is it called?
Thanks for any help.

D

D.W.Bathrooms

Hi mate, not quite sure what they are called but i have a feeling they are called carpet ramp trims what we use. They are an angled trim like a ramp lol as the name suggests. They sit flat on the tile with a self adhesive backing and slope down towards the carpet.
Also Schluter do a trim called Reno, search for it on google, this may also be what you are looking for. You can pick the first things up from places like b&q for the public if you aren't a trader?
If the height isn't a massive difference you could also try a z bar, they are a carpet to tile trim but not intended to bridge big height differences
hope you find what you are looking for!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to joining tile to carpet of different levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've just had the whole ground floor of a house we are working on levelled with a pump in liquid...
Replies
Views
Bishbbashbosh
B
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
joining tile to carpet of different levels
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.