Discuss joining in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Snubbers/contactors , they act as a relay. Most thermostats can only handle 15 /16amps. The thermostat then just acts as a switch for the snubber, which will then switch the heavy load .

That said, with 20msq to cover, if your matts are 150w per msq,(not 200!) then you will pull 12.5amps. however, if there 200w per msq then its 16.66 amps, which is over the thermostats rating.

18msq is the max as 200w per msq is often the max, which then pulls 15amps, which is often the lowest rated thermostat. It's a simply safety default.

If in any doubt contact the heating matts manufacturer, they should be able to give you the advice you need.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to joining in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
T
I am having problems grouting a mosaic in a bathroom. It is one of those ceramic tiles that...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
M
Hi All I have a question about priming, I have bought the Ardex Waterproof Protection System to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB