Discuss Jupiter Underfloor Heating System - any good? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

plumber_MS

Hi - I'm looking to install a Jupiter UFH - the System between Joists in a Victorian conversion on the second floor. Anybody have previous experience with installing this system. The system will go under tile and under engineered wood floors.

Any other comparative systems that work, especially in terms of accoustic noise transfer? And any indication of cost per square metre?

Very grateful for any advice!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi - I'm looking to install a Jupiter UFH - the System between Joists in a Victorian conversion on the second floor. Anybody have previous experience with installing this system. The system will go under tile and under engineered wood floors.

Any other comparative systems that work, especially in terms of accoustic noise transfer? And any indication of cost per square metre?

Very grateful for any advice!

insulate between the joists over lay with 18mm OSB, cover with polythene, place your underfloor heating pipes using nail clips nailing them to the OSB and then lay a 40mm anhydrite screed over the top. Just make sure your joists are ok to take the weight. I have done this in several rooms in my Victorian house and it works a treat.

P

plumber_MS

insulate between the joists over lay with 18mm OSB, cover with polythene, place your underfloor heating pipes using nail clips nailing them to the OSB and then lay a 40mm anhydrite screed over the top. Just make sure your joists are ok to take the weight. I have done this in several rooms in my Victorian house and it works a treat.

Thanks Alan, but we'd like to use a non-screed system due to the weight issues. Jupiter turned out more expensive than their quotover the phone quote, so we're looking at a system which exactly replicates what they do - but i've still been quoted almost GBP 11,500 for an all-in cost of installing this for a 70 sq/m flat - for all materials, floor prep, labour etc. (works out to c.190 per square metre)!!!! Feels really expensive. The specifications we are considering are below, would love to know your views (we need to minimise floor build-up and reduce accoustic transference to the floor below):
Starting from the bottom/between the joists:
100mm Rock wool resting on timber ceiling below
Air gap
18mm ply structural deck supported on battens set between the joist
16mm Pex-Al-Pex heating pipes in grooved foil covered heating panels (on top of the ply)
9mm Redupax acoustic strip to align with the surface of the heating panels
20mm Fermacell 2E11
15mm Engineered wood

UFH System components:
Heatmiser Digital Programmable Thermostat
Grundfos 15-50/60 pump
Pex-Al-Pex pipe 5 Layer
Manifold 6 Zone Dualmix

Details of the construction:
- Minimising the floor buildup is a key factor - need to keep it to the lowest possible height
- It is a conversion and we need to minimise the sound transference to the flat below
- Below us is our neighbours flat, there is no subfloor at the end of our timber joists - just the ceiling of our neighbours flat

Thanks a lot for any input or advice - right now considering giving it all up and just sticking to radiators!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Unless you add density you will always struggle with sound transmission but there are lots of systems available that can probably help and to be honest for that size of job I would come and do it myself for you for £11000.... I think you have been priced very expensive.

Does it have to be a warm water system or would you consider electric.

C

Cornish Cowboy

I installed a Jupiter supplied system. 18m2 of screed replacement tiles (SRT) with marble laid on top. Excellent quality kit and comprehensive installation instructions. Linked to existing central heating with a danfoss FJVR valve on the return. Would highly recommend the SRT tiles which are tongue and grooved terracotta bonded with an adhesive. Kept the whole system to only 90mm depth.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Jupiter Underfloor Heating System - any good? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi - we're renovating a house in Norfolk at the mo. I am getting conflicting advice from the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB