Discuss just about to start my concrete floor wet room! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trystanlaz

hi all, new to these forums so please bare with me...

im just about to start my downstairs wetroom it will be approx 800x1200 but can go bigger if need be. the level of the extension is slightly higher than the outside floor roughtly 6 inches so i feel that i have a bit of play with the waste being sunk into the ground!

need a bit of help on a few things please-

1, what would be the best former for me to use.

2, what depth will i need to dig for the waste to fall.

3,and how much tanking would i need to do, water will prob bounce onto the 2 side walls and how far do u take the tanking on the floor past the former if you know what i mean, sorry for the wording jus finding it hard to explain ha

thanks look forward to hearing of you...

D

DHTiling

If you have that option then yes.. perfect..:)

Tray formers come with directions how to install in screeds or timber floors..

If you contact PHG Wetrooms then can supply formers and all the other bits you need at great prices..

phgwetrooms.jpg

A

Aston

No probs... oh and the tanking of the walls... IMO tank to 2 mtrs high in the fully wet area and 1.2 mtrs outside.. some see tanking outside the shower as over kill but IMO water permeates along grout joints.. so better safe than sorry.

dave is 100% bang on with tanking 1.2m outside the the area of the wet room where the grout can leech the water into the substrate (normally plasterboard?)

. its the exact same reasoning/science behing damp proof courses. if a building gets damp in a particular area, the moisture tends to travel/absorb around the 1 to 1.5m meter radius of where its regularly damp/wet. thats why damp proof companies treat the area surrounding to that dimension...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to just about to start my concrete floor wet room! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
just about to start my concrete floor wet room!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.