Discuss Just after people's thoughts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SJPurdy

The matting will effectively stop moisture entering/leaving the front face of the ply but I bet that the edges and rear face of the ply have not been treated with anything so that any changes in the atmospheric moisture content on the rear of the boards will cause the boards to twist which in turn will effect the tiles. That's just my opinion but I think it is worth calling the Schluter tech help to ask their opinion.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
I went to price a bathroom today for a small builder I do work for now and again

He's boarded two shower walls in what looks like sheathing ply and then covered them in schluter kerdi matting with the schluter kerdi keba rolls in the joints so it's fully water proof
But I still think this is a bad idea because of the ply.
Just wondering what others think of this
Cheers

As in OSB ply...?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Just after people's thoughts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just had bathroom redone and very disappointed with tiling particular jagged cuts for drains. I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB