UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Just been out to a job.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Just been out to a job to price up a new bathroom installation.

The lady who's just moved in complained about the pressure on her shower. On further investigation i found pressure to be low on all water supplies. Including the hot, and she has a combi boiler. Boilers telling me 1.8bar.

After scratching my head for a few minutes i decide to find the stop **** to isolate the main and see if it might all be plumbed on tank feed water. Could i find the stop ****? Could i heck. It took 45 minutes before i found it behind, not in, but behind the sink unit in the kitchen!!
The lady tells me the kitchen was fitted recently by a recommended fitter. I drilled out the back panel of the unit to find it seized. It took half a can of "crack-it" and a lot of elbow grease to get it free again. It must of only been open half a turn when it was seized.

See it's not just cowboy tilers out there but cowboy kitchen fitters too. There is no way the fitter wouldn't of known it was siezed because he's fitted the sink and unit round it.

Unbelievable!

M

Marksmithtiling

Along the same lines I went to look at a small job last week to replace some tiles in a shower, the mixer needed to come off, but no isolation valves anywhere. Checked the loft nothing,customer thinks the plumber ran the pipes under the floor , its a bungalow, surely these things should be accessable.
Had a call since,another plumber has been in and had to take up the floor in the hall and bedroom to find the pipes and reroute them and fit isolaters.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Just been out to a job.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi, im looking for some advice please on what correct adhesives and tanking to use in regards to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.