UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss just got me van back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

it's in one hand -and out the other . £692.64 new brake-pads/discs, £81.80, code read £ 50.00,solenoid £39.13,boost sensor £89.10,gear cables £110.17, break cleaner £2.00,sundries £2.00, environmental disposal £3.00, labour £200.00 plus more money for the government £115.44 :thumbsdown: total £692.64 :thumbsup: still i suppose its all tax deductible in the end .........i just hate giving my money away :lol:

G

Gazzer

I had it last month, MOT, Passed easy. Had service while there about £140.Then Clutch went....£600

As for code reader, I was fed up of seeing the service light on my dash . Vauxhall were wanting £70 each time to read it. I went on Ebay bought a lead that plugs into USB port on laptop and do it myself...... Cost about £30. I do all replacement parts myself now....after all thats al they do,.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just took the subaru and the octavia for MOT. Subaru needs a subframe. Octavia has some knocking around the nearside front wheel, suspect it's anti roll bar drop link but could be anything really. I await the bills for them both!

Spent about 4k on the subaru in the last 12 months and it's only worth a couple of grand more than that!

Bloody things.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

I had it last month, MOT, Passed easy. Had service while there about £140.Then Clutch went....£600

As for code reader, I was fed up of seeing the service light on my dash . Vauxhall were wanting £70 each time to read it. I went on Ebay bought a lead that plugs into USB port on laptop and do it myself...... Cost about £30. I do all replacement parts myself now....after all thats al they do,.
well that sound a great idea Neil ! i will have to look -out for one of them too ! you feel so riped -off as they just plug-in and then they say its this, still knowledge is power .........

G

Gazzer

well that sound a great idea Neil ! i will have to look -out for one of them too ! you feel so riped -off as they just plug-in and then they say its this, still knowledge is power .........

Yup saved me a bit. You can get the codes easily off internet. Most of the things that play up are just sensors and they just need swapping over for new ones.

A

Aston

it's in one hand -and out the other . £692.64 new brake-pads/discs, £81.80, code read £ 50.00,solenoid £39.13,boost sensor £89.10,gear cables £110.17, break cleaner £2.00,sundries £2.00, environmental disposal £3.00, labour £200.00 plus more money for the government £115.44 :thumbsdown: total £692.64 :thumbsup: still i suppose its all tax deductible in the end .........i just hate giving my money away :lol:

thats heavy bill dave, you feel like you are getting ripped off sometimes in these garages. i'm sure some of them think of a number and double it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to just got me van back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.