Guest viewing is limited

Discuss just passed!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Cogratulations !

Now as a NON tiler I post this message below without prejudice and without comment. I don't want to steer this topic away from your great news (maybe this message below should be started as another thread) The words below are not mine - but those of a training centre. Again congrats on the pass !

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is news that will effect everybody in the tiling world, it will effect all tilers which in turn will have a knock on effect to sales and all associated....

New legislation
The time is coming that even tilers working in the domestic market will need an NVQ level 2 qualification, well its about to happen. We all know that to work in the domestic market you need not have a recognised qualification, well that loophole is about to be shut it will soon be law that you will not be able to get liability insurance without an NVQ level 2 or above. This will go for all trades not just tiling.

Costs to get qualified
If you have not registered with a training company to get your NVQ before the end of July you will have to pay,

If you choose not register right now then these are the later costs of a qualification

* Experienced workers (over 5 years) can do a two day assessment and achieve their qualification this will cost circa £550
* Under 5 years experience an NVQ will cost circa £1500 and take 3-9 months to achieve.

The message is to register NOW with someone that has funding you have four weeks and it will be free....

If you do not register NOW you WILL HAVE TO PAY...

The cost of Complacency
The trouble in the tile industry is that nobody thinks it will effect them "I only tile in the domestic market, so I don't need a qualification", well it will and if you do not act it could end your business.
* There are cases from experienced trades they are being refused entry to sites even with over 25 years of experience.
* Some tilers think once registered for an NVQ this is all they need to do because it allows them to apply for a CSCS card which allows them on site, this is true but that only lasts for one year !, if you do not achieve your NVQ within that year you will have to wait another 3-9 months for a qualification and to be allowed back on site.
* All of the above will be the same for the domestic market sooner or later or you will have to work without liability insurance
Please pass on this message

Please let anyone or everyone know that if they do not have a qualification it will soon effect them,

=================================

End message. Sorry to be a poster of such doom and gloom. The words above are not mine so I don't have comment on their accuracy.

But this seems to be a critical message for tilers and I would rather post messages up and make you aware of some news than ignore it and let you find out some other way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to just passed!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
just passed!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.