UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss just ready to start -up my UFH , in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd turn it on, increase the temperature to 1 or 2 degrees above what the floor is, then leave it for 24 hours, do the same, leave it for 24 hours, do the same - and keep doing it over a week or so until it reaches maximum temperature. Then leave it for say 48 hours, then decrease it a few degrees at a time per day until it reaches its lowest temperature.

Then use it as normal when required or set the programmable timer up if you have one of those ones.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I used to run mine for a hour during the night even if I was on holiday or something as the floor never gets too cold then which then means it takes a while to heat up the first time when you get back. But to be fair that was before decent insulation was available cheap so I never used it. I'm guessing heat up times once it's been ran for a while would be quite impressive compared to mine which was slow and unpredictable. lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to just ready to start -up my UFH , in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi All over from the electrical forum, was hoping you may be able to give me some advice. i am...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.