Discuss just when you thought you had heard it all in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well client came in a develper and film star telling me how well his builder was doing every think by the book the he started to showed me some pics on his phone of the prep work to the bathroom well looking good all walls hardie backer board floor ditra now that looks well done the only thing i would add is a tape joint between the wall and floor joint .well he said but we have a floating floor with the ditra we put it down with staples what :yikes:your joking no thats what they told us in the shop its to allow movement so he rang his builder who the informed him no we did not use staples in the end we screwed it down in the corners in stead :yikes: then he tells me in the kitchen at least we have chip board so can tile straight on to that as its 25mm after talking to the builder and saying you know we have descoverd the wheel and the earth is not flat think they just may get it right but not holding my breath

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to just when you thought you had heard it all in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello friends. I am looking for a bit of advice, you would be so kind. I have been a long...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB