Discuss karndean in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gall.B

My mates asked me if id like to help him DIY his Karndean floor in new kitchen. Quite interested to learn as ive heard the money can be good and it seems to be on the increase.
My question is, has anyone Laid karndean enough to know wether i could use a 3mm mosiac trowel instead of buying new one?
thanks

Worth learning Simmy, Two of the firms I do work for Karndean the bathroom floors on about 40% of the bathrooms I do.

Might be worth investing in some flooring tools .

Last edited by a moderator:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Defo use A2 trowel, if you use a mosaic trowel it will come up through the joints and go everywhere, it'll take longer to clean the glue off than lay the stuff! If there's much sunlight that makes contact with the kitchen floor you'll need to use Karndeans high temperature adhesive, if you don't and there's a problem Karndean won't want to help. I've just fitted 50m2 of Karndean woodplank through my lounge and dining room, looks mint! Good luck!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to karndean in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi guys. My son, 16, not enjoying school or college has been working with me for a bit of money...
Replies
Views
alice james
A
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just like I wrote in the introduction I’ve been lurking in this forum for quite some...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
karndean
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.