Discuss Kenya - anybody ever been on holiday there? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

my mate's niece will be going with her parents but the niece will be 18 months old. I'm reading on the web that some injections can't be given to babies under a year old, yet there seems to be a whole raft of stuff needed even when you're an adult!

hubby and I could have a little one by then so just trying to decide whether to book up and pay the deposit to have to change my mind later if I get pregnant.

some people appear to have no qualms about taking young babies away but me being the ever pessimist (lol) I'd be worried all the time about catching something and me, Mr GRR or Baby GRR being totally rough for the entire holiday....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I've got an old mate that went there for a few months. Had a brilliant time, took photo's of many Lions, so they have lots of those there :lol:
I'm sure normal vaccinations apply, and they have kids there too so I'm sure there's just a jab to get yours/your sisters there. It'll just be any flight-related issues you have to deal with more than anything such as paying for a seat when the baby is on your lap, or paying extra for "extra insurance"? or whatever they come up with this time to charge you a fortune.

I think really young babies have issues with the cabin pressure and their young underdeveloped ears but they might have got over all that now.

Could be all totally wrong though I'm not a Dad... yet. Oh, apart from the Lion thing, 110% they have lions.

YouTube - Kenya

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
U

user123

Liz, long range flights, I hate to say it, are not a good idea when you are pregnant... I know so many people say and think it's ok, but you make some enquiries how many Mums had premature deliveries following a long haul flight, and you would be shocked. Most midwives know this but are often not allowed to say, the doctors are allowed to say but mostly don't, as it seems unwelcome news, or they just don't know or make the connection.

With babies and travelling, not too young but before walking or crawling age is safer, as you have so much more control over what they touch and put into their mouths. I think it's a sign of what a great Mum you are going to be if it worries you, much much better to be safe than sorry, some things are not worth the risk. I took my boy to Rome when he was 6 months old, that was fine, he was a robust healthy little boy, too, so there is the argument that you will be the best judge when the time comes, it will depend if your little one is robust in general. I keep tinking about a little girl when I think of you and babies.... :)

D

Deleted member 9966

thanks for that G. the long haul flights would be quite easy with a baby under about 9 months cos like you say, you're in control. it's just what we might catch at the other end and being ill and having an ill baby even back in the UK is enough to send any new mum over the edge. I'm def not going to Kenya if I'm pregnant!

if it was somewhere closer than 10 hours flying time, I'd consider it. but being so far from home with a young un isn't my idea of a good holiday.

Reply to Kenya - anybody ever been on holiday there? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
I've mentioned before on here that we've been invited to a wedding in Kenya next February. At...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Hi all Got recommended for a job, went to look at it. Massive house,6 en-suites all in...
Replies
Views
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views
D
Just listening to radio 4 and if anyone else listens then you know that they don't play music...
Replies
Views
Scott
S
D
The Smiths were unable to conceive children and decided to use a surrogate father to start their...
Replies
Views
grumpygrouter
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Kenya - anybody ever been on holiday there?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.