Discuss keraquick + latex plus drying time in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

aflemi

TF
Arms
Wonder if anyone has experience of long setting times recently or if I have a bad batch of keraquick...
Fixed a layer of durabase ci with adhesive yesterday evening, to aid adhesion I placed 2 floor tiles at several places round the edges.
When i removed tiles this morning adhesive still wet where the tiles had been covering. Mapei tech help referred me to local rep who said that, when mixed with latex+ there is a dispersion effect, which i am dubious about. I tiled half the room today, again with same adhesive mix and there was still possible movement after 2 hours, no way is that normal? Any ideas because I fear when i turn up in the morning the tiles will still be moving!

aflemi

TF
Arms
Nope , last time I used it I got good setting times....A little longer than usual but I was expecting that. it may have just been that you were fixing a plastic product though.

Well, we'll see what happens tom morning.... Just worried that with extra stress from ufh it will fail if not 100%. At least I've kept some of the dry and mixed adhesive in case and asked them to note my concerns cos I really don't fancy taking it all up

aflemi

TF
Arms
look on the bag for the batch number and keep it recorded incase of any future issues with the job,we have nick named kerraquick kerraslow as I have always found it to be the slowest setting rapid set on the market and I am told its is because its an italian formula(even though its manufactured in the uk) and they have warmer weather so their rapids are slower than ones from the uk

Tx gary Have the samples as above in the bag.... I actually like it because it is usually fairly slow and gives you time to adjust but floor tiles still moveable after 2 hours is not normal. I don't mind slow to an extent but I need to know it's going to stay down under ufh stress..................... Cheers

G

grumpygrouter

look on the bag for the batch number and keep it recorded incase of any future issues with the job,we have nick named kerraquick kerraslow as I have always found it to be the slowest setting rapid set on the market and I am told its is because its an italian formula(even though its manufactured in the uk) and they have warmer weather so their rapids are slower than ones from the uk
Mapei and Weber are spec'd at 23degC for timing whereas BAL is spec'd at 20deg. Think it is,as you said, because there ambient conditions tend to be warmer than ours.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to keraquick + latex plus drying time in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All. Ive done some research which has confused me more than when I started reading. So...
Replies
Views
I am laying porcelain external tiles over a concrete path outside. The path has had self...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

aflemi

Arms
TF
Thread Information

Title
keraquick + latex plus drying time
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.