Discuss keraquick in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Nope.

It's a cement-based (cementicious) adhesive, so as soon as water comes in contact with the powder mix, the chemical reaction starts, and it begins to solidify. Adding water, or mixing it again, will weaken the strength of the mix.

If you could throw a bucket of cement-based adhesive in the canal, and it didn't wash away, it would be solid like a brick. It will could cure in any amount of water, but the more water you add the less quality the mix will be.

Stick to the times and the water qty that is recommended by the manufacturer. :thumbsup:

Anyone have a good tip for measuring 1/2 a bag of powdered addy easily? Do you take fishing scales to work or similar, so you can see how much weight has been removed from the bag??

I been caught out a few times with keraquick too, so I've tried mixing half bags by eye. I'm not happy I'm always getting 100% consistency, and would like a more accurate way to mix 1/2.

Any idea's??

Thanks Guys, a timely reminder for me!! I've noticed stirring can keep it loose, and the effects of heat!!

The last time I got caught out was a domestic hallway, and the homeowner had a 3 month old baby to keep warm, and she worked from home - so there was no way I could pursuade her otherwise. When she did go out, I would turn the heating off and have the front door open. When she got home, she would shut the door and just crank the CH right back up again!! Infact, you jogged my memory now - I used to shut-off the rad in the hallway for the duration of me being there!! :smilewinkgrin: That was the only way I could counter it.

It was after that job, I wanted a more accurate way to do it!! You do get the occasional one!!

I'm going back to the same house in a few weeks to do an en-suite & fit Marmox/UFH/DITRA on wooden floor with Slate Tiles, so I'll be using it again soon.

At least I'll be able to shut off the bedroom rad & shut door, and open the windows next time!! Cheers.

Reply to keraquick in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
keraquick
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.