Discuss kitchen floor. prep issues... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I have the opportunity to tile this kitchen floor however the prep work will need a lot of attention and time. I have a slot to do it but it humps and slopes down and also has a hearth in as per picture.

What would be your choice of prep. Personally I woukd remove floor boards and ply over with possible planing of joists to level however this hearth poses an issue. Cement board to level? Ensure joints run down that line?

Thinking to swerve it and telk them to get lino as they dud have before. 20130620_161607.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to kitchen floor. prep issues... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking at moving on to the next project in my house which is kitchen area. This...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
I'm doing a second floor condo kitchen, 6' by 9' of tile area. The surface is gypsumite...
Replies
Views
In the photo attached I want to put down a new floor in the kitchen off the hallway. Currently...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Guys I have a tiled kitchen floor that needs replacing to address the hollow and hence mega...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 49260
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB