Discuss kitchen floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrycoe1

hi may have a job to do where the kitchen floor has been tiled allready they have asked if it can be tiled over the top obs taking into account that all appliances fit back etc and doors are able to open etc etc if so whats the best addy to use and does anything need doing to old exsisting tiles thanks :) or should i just rip them up self level them tile ?? htey want cheapest way poss aswell ! :-/

W

waterfd

I agree. Did a job recently and thought about tile on tile. There wasn't a problem with tile height, doors, appliances etc. After discussion decided to remove tiles, this took about 3 hours, they came up so easy the customer was surprised, concrete floor in kitchen. Did self levelling after removing loose addy and retiled. A comment was 'they now feel more solid!!!' so I would recommend ripping up , level and retile. I would use Keraflex Maxi as an adhesive, grout would also be flexible to the customers choice of colour. Explain why you would do this and really there is no cheap options if they want a good job. Advise and if someone decides to do it cheaper good luck to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

foxman

Try taking one of the tiles up to give and indication of how they have been fixed,maybe try tapping them with a penny any hollow sounds, could be dot and dabbed rip them up, if they have been down for years with no problems and seem to be solid scour the surface with a brick to give a key and maybe a slurry coat then flexi addy , remember as previously said your responsible, imo always best to take up and you know the jobs done right and no come backs, mick

Reply to kitchen floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
kitchen floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.