Discuss knee problems in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

guess which knee lol

24181_1356163937227_4627159_n.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
rob, the only way to get rid of water on the knee is a pair of drain pipe trousers...

ok that was bad, but couldnt resist it...doug, ffs put them away, i was having breakfast ..lol

rob, i suffered with this for years, it was the worst time of my life, ive had so much fluid on my knee i could hardly walk, it was so bad i had to have an opperation 2 years ago to remove the bursa sacs that produce the fluid, since then touch wood it hasnt come back..

if i was you i would go see the doc, he may drain it, some docs will, some will say you have to have it done in hospital, trouble is they can sometimes drain it and with in an hour it can be back again, what you really need is a steriod injection in the knee, this will settle it down with in a couple of days, and should last 2/3 months, be warned this hurts like hell even worse when he misses the spot and the needle hits the bone...:yikes:

failing that they will tell you to rest it, trouble is they have never been self employed and dont understand you have to keep working, i used to put a tight bandage on mine , one of those sporty type jobs you can get from the chemist, and soldier on, and rest as much as poss, just work and rest.......it will go, but it could be days, weeks, months......good luck mate ,ive been there....and know what its like...

J

jonnyc

heres my left leg now after resting for three weeks.
it was huge but now receded to this.
prior to this photo I had done ten days on the trot about two months ago lugging 30-40mm thick random stones up to 900x 700 to loose lay a reclaimed stone floor
i had keyhole almost a year ago and was advised that i had about one year before knee replacement.
to be honest it has been worse ever since whatever they did to clean out disintegrated ligament and cartilage . been frightened to go back as there never seems to be a good time to do replacement or break leg in three places and realign.
replacement out 6 months realign 9 months but better chance of actually being able to apply purchase weight

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 006.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 42
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to knee problems in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB